Township hall was built in 1892 northeast of Annandale.
In Minnesota, counties are divided into townships, which
are 6 miles by 6 miles, or 36 square miles called
sections. The township hall was placed fairly close to
the center of the township so farmers could easily reach
it for voting or for meetings. It also used as a
gathering place for local folks. Photocopies of 57 pages
of the original minutes show that the hall was used as a
recruiting center for the Spanish-American war, Liberty
Bond Drives, and Red Cross benefits.
desk, file cabinet, and law books were seen in every
attorney's office. Lawyers were some of the first
businessmen to utilize the regularity of the typewriter.
This old Oliver could have been used in this
office. Most towns in Minnesota had telephone
service by 1910, with the phone on the wall being typical
of that time. The map of Stearns County on the back
wall clearly shows the townships.
Corrina Township Hall